Thursday, February 16, 2012

My New Character ...

Found at Kitschy Kitschy Coo


... is definitely going to be a gnome barbarian!

Hmmm - why not roll up a quick gnome barbarian for Blood & Treasure?

And just for fun, I'll time how long it takes.

I'm starting at 12:29 PM (yeah, I'm on my lunch break)

First - roll my ability scores. Since I definitely want a gnome barbarian, I'm going to roll 3d6 and arrange as I like. I get 8, 5, 13, 14, 10, 9. Wow - great scores. Okay - he'll be uncharismatic (I think the photo is proof of that), the good stuff goes into strength and constitution to meet the class requirements, everything else is mediocre.

I make a note of the special abilities from being a gnome, adjust ability scores. Pick a couple languages. Roll 1d10 for barbarian hit points - got a 10. Hot damn.

Now I note the skills and special abilities of a barbarian. Increase land speed, rage, etc.

Final step - buy gear. I have 50 gp to spend (Cha 5 x 10 gp), and if I'm using the photo above for my model, not much gear to buy.

Done at 12:42 PM - took 13 minutes, most of that looking at equipment.

KNOBBY THE BARBARIAN

Strength: 13 / +1
Intelligence: 8 / -1
Wisdom: 9 / +0
Dexterity: 9 / +0
Constitution: 14 / +1
Charisma: 5 / -2

Class: Barbarian
Race: Gnome
Level: 1
Hit Points: 11
Armor Class: 10
Saving Throws: Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 15
Speed: 30 ft.

Languages: Gnome, Common

Special: +2 save vs. illusions, knack for listening at doors, see twice as far as humans in dim light, rage (1/day, double damage for duration of combat but -2 AC), no bonus for attacking him from behind or while invisible

Skills: Bend bars (12), break down doors (12), climb (12), jump (12), survival (15), swim (12)

Money: 25 gp, 1 sp

Gear: Club (0 gp), backpack (2 gp), bedroll (1 sp), 50-ft silk rope (10 gp), hooded lantern (7 gp), oil (3 pints) (3 sp), flint & steel (1 gp), ration (7 days) (35 sp), waterskin (1 gp)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...