Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wanna Play Mystery Men?

Here's what I'm thinking - a multi-city, multi-villain plot to do something horrendous. Just about as many people as want to can play. Either pick a public domain character or make an original up and stat him or her up with 50,000 XP. Game is set in a pseudo-Silver Age of comics in the Shore City Universe from the rulebook.

The game will be played on Google+. I'll set up groups based on the city in which each character operates, throw out messages to that "city" in turns, allowing every hero in that city to respond to that message, and then moving on to the next turn. I'll roll all the dice, of course.

As characters move about, their players are added to different cities, until everything culminates in the final, big scene.

If you want to participate, send me an email or comment on this post and I'll invite you to Google + (unless you're already there). It may take a few weeks for me to get everything plotted and underway, and I have no idea how long it will take to run the campaign. The rules, as you should know, are available as a free PDF.

--

EDIT - Welcome to readers of Project Rooftop! This is actually a somewhat older post that they linked to. The game is actually long out of beta testing and is available for sale as a book and as a free PDF at Lulu.com - this post refers to a campaign I am currently running on Google +. Unfortunately, that game is full at the moment, but since it seems to be going well, I will probably run another campaign in the future. In the meantime, you can click HERE to get a better idea of what Mystery Men! is all about.

--

Image is the golden age Daredevil made by my daughter using Fabrica de Herois, which has become a bit of an obsession for my daughter and I - many more pictures to come.

17 comments:

  1. this sounds pretty damn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want in, this sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get in. I do have a google account already. Where ought I go on your website to find your email?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sir, yes sir, I would like to play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but I don't have the rules, and I'm committed to two games already, plus I'm in a play for the rest of the month. I just don't see it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow yes! I would love to play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tempting, but having to get onto Google+ to play a game...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want in, I am already in google+.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - pretty good response. Right now I'm putting together a intro email to get things started. If you haven't emailed me yet (my address is over on the right side of the blog, toward the top next to my picture) or do not have their email on their blogger ID, make sure you do soon. THX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i'd like to give this a shot. I love the Public Domain Characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. K. Starks - send me an email (my address is above and to the right, next to my picture) and I'll get you on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are there too many people already? I would love to get in on this. Hit me up on aim or my aol email with the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If there's still space available, I would like to give this a shot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to take part, and I'm already on G+

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...