Thursday, July 8, 2010

Inspirational Art - Gustaf Tenggren

If you haven't experienced Gustaf Tenggren before, please make an effort to do so (beyond the few images in this post). As I complete the J10 map of Venatia with its pseudo-Western European vibe, understand that images like those of Tenggren are foremost on my mind. These images come from Illustrateurs, a French blog that makes me feel more sophisticated every time I read it.



Fairies are underused in modern fantasy, in my opinion. There's no better "big bad guy" than a little bastard who can mind your mind in two



Going after a dragon with an AC of 9 [10] - that's bravery



Talking animal (i.e. halfling) in an ogre king's castle - that could happen in NOD.



Tenggren's design for the Evil Queen in Snow White.



This, my friend, is a paladin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...